There are a wide variety of gum problems that include periodontitis and gingivitis. They can cause pain and swelling in the gums that is very uncomfortable.
Causes of Swollen Gums
Sore gums, swollen gums and red gums are some of the common symptoms of gum conditions people want to get rid of. If you notice that you have swollen gums, it is very imperative that you consult your dentist to make sure that your gums are in good health.
Treatment Options for Swollen Gums
To easily get rid of your swollen gums, here are some of the effective home remedies that you should try.
1. To avoid the occurrence of swollen gums, the first thing that you should do is to reduce your stress. According to medical professionals, stress can lead to weak immune system which hinders your ability to fight the bacteria that causes gum problems.
2. A salt solution has also been proven effective to treat gum problems. Salt solution has the ability to reduce your swollen gums. All you have to do is to dissolve a bit of salt in lukewarm water and swish the solution into your mouth for about 30 seconds. After your brushing routine, you can repeat the process for several times.
3. Tea bags also work to reduce inflammation of the gums. The tea bags are quite easy to prepare and are proven and tested to treat swollen gums in just a short period of time. Apply the tea bags onto your swollen gums for 5 minutes. According to researches, the tannic acid that is in tea bags has the potential to relieve gum infection and irritation.
4. If you have swollen gums, you can rub a little bit of honey on it. Researchers have found the natural antibacterial and antiseptic properties in raw honey is very effective for gum irritation.
5. Then next home remedy that you must try is to brush your swollen gums with a little amount of baking soda. It is a fact that baking soda can neutralize the amount of acids that are present in your mouth. In this way, you can reduce gum disease and tooth decay. In lukewarm water, put a little amount of baking soda and make a paste. The paste is the best one that you should use in brushing your teeth.
Give these home remedies a go if you are experiencing gum problems. They have been proven to work in reducing swelling and pain.