As you look over surviving infidelity statistics, you’re going to discover a number of things. You’re going to find that infidelity remains a considerable problem in many marriages. You’re going to find that there are a number of contributing factors to infidelity. You’re also going to discover that this is a problem that still has a great deal of destructive potential.
Whether you are living in the aftermath of your partner’s infidelity, or if you simply want to learn more about infidelity’s survival rate, surviving infidelity statistics are well worth studying.
Statistics On Surviving Infidelity
Can a marriage survive infidelity? This is certainly a question that’s worth asking. As you begin to study infidelity statistics and infidelity survival statistics, the answer will become clear to you:
1. Studies indicate that anywhere between thirty and sixty percent of all married couples will experience infidelity in their relationship. This number fluctuates from one year to the next.
2. When you consider the high potential for infidelity in a marriage, and you combine that with the fact that over half of all marriages end in divorce, it’s easy to draw a correlation between infidelity frequency and the current divorce rate. It’s also worth mentioning that this divorce rate has remained fairly static for the past few decades.
3. Additional research indicates that anywhere from two to three percent of all children are products of infidelity.
4. Infidelity is particularly prevalent amongst individuals under the age of thirty.
5. Different cultures view infidelity in different lights. Some cultures look at infidelity in an extremely harsh light. Genital mutilation is used as a deterrent, or a death sentence is given out to anyone who is found guilty of cheating on their spouse. Most cultures tend to view infidelity as a mere annoyance.
6. Statistically speaking, men are more likely to cheat on their spouses than women are. However, as women are becoming more and more financially independent of men, they’re catching up at a rapid pace.
7. A number of factors are considered responsible for fostering the potential for infidelity to occur. A good example of this would be the fact that office romances have been steadily climbing in frequency over the years. This is attributed to the fact that people often have to spend more time with their coworkers than they do with their spouses.
These are some introductory facts and figures on the subject of infidelity. However, you’re going to discover that there is even more information to digest than what has been mentioned in the items above. In terms of infidelity survival rate statistics, it is easy to draw conclusions on the subject, based solely on the information presented above.
Even so, there are a number of other facts that should be kept in mind:
1. It is important to remember that infidelity is not solely a physical act. In most cases, infidelity is both an emotional and physical betrayal of the individual’s spouse. There are even examples of infidelity that is strictly emotional to be found.
2. Studies show that infidelity is often compelled by circumstance and emotion.
3. Studies also show that infidelity is often a response to other problems or concerns in a marriage.
4. An astonishing amount of research on long-term monogamy suggests that this is a difficult concept for human beings to grasp and realize. However, long-term monogamy is not considered to be an impossible concept.
5. The internet has widened the potential for infidelity to a considerable degree. Email, social media, and dating sites now give people more in the way of temptation than at any other time in recent history.
6. Studies show that roughly seventy percent of marriages that experience infidelity survive.
Infidelity As A Concept
By studying infidelity statistics, which would certainly include infidelity survival rate statistics, a great deal of insight into infidelity as a concept can be ascertained. It’s no accident that infidelity continues to be such a prevalent problem in marriages. With the advent of things like the internet, social media, and even dating websites over the past 20 years, some believe that infidelity rates are worse than ever.
As you’re going to discover, the answer to the question of whether or not infidelity is worse now than ever before is one that is not easy to answer. In order to grasp the fullness of this question and others, you’re going to need to learn everything you can about statistics on infidelity.
The more information you engage on this subject, the better aware you’re going to be of the role infidelity can play in a marriage. This will include understanding the potential for a marriage to survive in the face of infidelity.
Although infidelity clearly plays a large role in the high divorce rate, there is a strong potential at the same time for a marriage to survive an act of infidelity. However, that same marriage can eventually be undone by a combination of factors.