Getting your nose pierced is very different from other body piercings. Proper care can be difficult due to the location, this makes it more likely to develop an infection that can be very painful and damage tissue in the area. The way that you are viewed can also be effected with facial piercings, such as the nose. This can negatively impact employment and other personal relationships.
Before Getting a Piercing
If you are considering getting a nose piercings than consulting a doctor is a good idea. They can explain to you in detail the risks associated with this type of body modification.
Taking Care of the Piercing
Taking care of your piercing is important, and not something that you should take for granted. In order to keep your piercing free from germs, you should wash the area at least 2 times per day with an antiseptic solution. Keeping yourself free of infection also means not touching your nose or the jewelry, otherwise you could cause infection as well as tissue damage.
• Piercings can look great.
• Nose piercings are a simple piercing to have, and it is does not cause a lot of pain.
• So long as you look after it, the wound will heal very rapidly.
• There is a wide selection of nose jewelry to choose from.
• It is a piercing that is difficult for the piercer to make a mistake on.
• If you do not want the piercing anymore, simply take it out and the hole will not take too long to completely heal, and no scar will be left behind.
• A lot of employers will ask you to remove them when you are on their premises.
• The wound can heal quickly if you remove the jewelry for more than a couple of days.
• The stud can fall out when you are asleep.
• The hole can easily become infected, causing pain, disfigurement and bleeding.
• It can take a bit of getting used when you first have it done, and simple things such as blowing your nose and sneezing with a nose ring can be a new experience.