Liposuction is one of the most popular ways to get rid of unwanted fats in the body. It is becoming more and more popular over the years. But what really is it? Well, liposuction is a cosmetic surgery procedure that literally uses rod like, hollow instrument to get rid or suck out fats from chosen area of the body. The rod like, hollow instrument being used in this procedure is called cannula. There are actually lots of areas of a body that benefit from such operation such as the buttocks, abdomen, chin, upper arms, thighs, claves, as well as areas at the back.
The Pros of Liposuction
The benefits of liposuction are quite many as compared to the disadvantages that it can bring.
- This procedure offers immediate improvements of the appearance of the areas where this procedure is performed.
- The expected or desired chances can actually be apparent or visible just few days after the procedure.
- Liposuction is easy to do, have been proven to be safe, and has lesser down time compared to other invasive operations.
- Another great pro of liposuction is that fats are permanently eliminated from your body. This only means that if right maintenance is performed, you will be able to keep your lean and slim appearance.
The Cons of Liposuction
Though liposuction is considered as one of the safest and effective treatments for fat reduction or elimination in the body, this procedure also has drawbacks in itself. Thus, before you commit to anything, you should also weight the different cons of liposuction.
- One of the biggest issues associated to liposuction is the risks that come with this operation.
- There are various risks that may happen to someone without particular warning. This invasive treatment requires patients to be under general anesthesia the entire time, which can actually complicate things especially if there is an underlying disease or condition.
- Your body can easily react unfavorably to any drugs and medicines that you’re exposed while the procedure is on-going.
- Another drawback of liposuction is that if you don’t maintain regular exercises and a good diet, the remaining cells of fats from the treated area may actually fill up, which in turn could appear worse than the cellulite.
- Other side effects and risks of liposuction are quite similar to other invasive cosmetic surgeries. You may suffer from adverse reactions to anesthesia like excessive bleeding, seroma formation, hematoma formation, infection, wound separation, blood clots, asymmetry, delayed healing, excessive scarring, or irregularities.
- Liposuction isn’t intended to be a weight loss solution, its one limitation of this cosmetic surgical procedure.
- The recovery can be quite uncomfortable for the patient. There may be pains and discomforts associated with healing of incisions, adjustment of your body, and swelling.
These are the different pros and cons of liposuction that everyone should take into consideration especially those who are planning to use this treatment. Though it is proven safe and quite effective to reduce unwanted body fats, it is still necessary to know about the different disadvantages that it brings.