Lip piercings are a custom that actually goes back from ancient history. There are some tribes that believe piercings would make the spirits of their ancestors happy. For some tribes, it’s a ritual and status symbol. But for some people, of course, lip piercings are a signs of beauty, and even femininity.
Lip piercings are very popular nowadays in the different parts of the globe. The locations of the piercings on the lip vary from person to person. It could be lower lip piercing or upper lip piercing. There are different kinds of jewelry that are available for lip piercings such as labret studs, which are easier to be remove. It is essential that you ensure that the jewelry for the lip piercing is made from niobium, titanium, eighteen carat gold, or surgical steel. Before you decide to have lip piercings, you should first know the different pros and cons of lip piercings.
The Pros of Lip Piercings
– One of the good things about lip piercings is that they actually heal much faster as compared to other types of piercing.
– It is the new trend as a concept of rebelliousness, self expression, and independence. The reason why a lot of people are opting to have one.
– It is very new to fashion; lip piercings have found their place equivalent to the trends of clothes.
– With a lot of lip earrings available on the market today, you will be able to easily find one that will suit your unique personal preference.
– Most people usually consider lip piercings has their form of expression whether sexual or artistic.
The Cons of Lip Piercings
– If left untreated or uncared, lip piercings can easily lead to infections thereby causing you scarring, or worst, blood poisoning.
– Piercings need great deal of researches in looking for the appropriate place where earrings should be inserted. If not placed in the correct place, it may actually be pushed all through the nerve which can be dangerous and extremely painful.
– If the piercings incidentally hit blood vessels in the procedure, it can land you to the emergency room of the hospital. Huge blood vessels, if wounded, are quite hard to heal.
– Those who are quite sensitive to specific types of metals should avoid getting piercings for it may severe the reactions to the jewelry on skin. The increasing swelling, breathing difficulty, and rash can make matters much worse.
– Lip piercings have lots of dental risks. Worn teeth enamel, chipped teeth, damages gums, aspiration, and tongue swelling are just some of the many common illnesses caused by lip piercings.
Though it may be a way for you to express yourself and show the world who you truly are, lip piercings can also lead you to a lot of issues and problems. Thus, before you actually do anything like piercing you lips, you should know about the different pros and cons of lip piercings. With this, your body and health safety is being prioritized.