Diet soda is a no-calorie or low-calorie carbonated beverage that is manufactured along the use of artificial sweeteners. Many of the American people are drinking diet sodas on a regular basis. Even doctors are recommending diet soda among diabetic patients and those who suffer from weight problems.
The Pros of Diet Soda
Here are the primary benefits of drinking diet soda:
1. Based on the study of Dartmouth University, diet sodas are low in caloric values. More so, the sweeteners that are used on these drinks have six hundred times sweetness as compared to natural sugar. Manufacturers are allowed to make use of sweetener in small-sized portions. In effect, the drink will have to taste so sweet just the same with the original, even without extra calories.
2. According to the report of the Harvard University, switching to diet sodas may further result to immediate decrease in calorie intake that is being put in the body every day.
3. Diet sodas are healthier as compared to drinks that are enriched with sugar.
The Cons of Diet Soda
Here are the primary issues associated with diet soda:
1. It is believed that even though diet soda has no calories, still, it may potentially lead to increased weight. According to Harvard University, they suggest that people have a natural ability in telling and calculating the calories they take inside their bodies depending on the taste. Due to the reason that diet drinks have the taste as if they have calories, but in reality they do not, they tend to consume more calories by eating other foods.
2. Diet drinks often result to metabolic syndrome. Based on the study conducted by the Medical Center in Rochester; these individuals may experience symptoms like high blood sugar, high blood pressure, bigger waste sizes and lower levels of HDL cholesterol.
3. Properties that Cause Cancer. As diet drinks are invented, many manufacturers are using many sugar substitutes. A report has shown that a lot of manufacturers are using cyclamate, aspartame and saccharin at different times even with the presence of cancer agents. Artificial sweetener may still need additional testing even before people can reduce the worries associated with cancer-causing properties.
4. Diet soda further increases the risks for heart disease and type-two diabetes. Based on several studies, people who are prone to drinking diet soda in a day may likely get the chance of acquiring metabolic syndrome. This is a sign for one to acquire heart disease and diabetes. This is due to the reason that drinkers of diet soda likely tend to eat fries ad burger and not fruit and salad.
5. The diet drinks basically include caramel flavoring. This further reduces the ability of the body to process the blood sugar at its molecular level.
How Do You Feel About Diet Soda
Drinking diet soda may pose benefits and issues to the health of any person. It is still important to consider the studies and researches that pertain to diet soda before drinking it on a daily basis.