Having bunion can be stressing for this causes difficulty in walking and wearing shoes. Some people even feel ashamed having bunion on their feet. Good thing is that bunion can be shaved off through bunion surgery. This procedure includes breaking metatarsal or toe bone for the purpose of correcting the alignment. Several individuals have undergone surgery but some are still weighing the pros and cons of bunion surgery before they make a final decision.
This surgical procedure also involves tightening of ligaments inside so that tension on ligament directs the toe on the right direction. If you got bunions, you can opt for bunion surgery because this is an excellent way of getting rid of this. But there are some who first review the pros and cons of bunion surgery before making a final decision. But some sport lovers are skeptical of undergoing bunion surgery because this can make toes less flexible.
Pros of Bunion Surgery
Many individuals decide to go for bunion surgery because of the numerous benefits they can get after successful procedure. Some of these benefits are as follows:
1. Bunion surgery helps in relieving pain. Many patients who have been into this surgery revealed that they have experienced ultimate pain relief.
2. Another advantage of this surgery is that it aids in increasing physical activity. Individuals can now enjoy activities they used to do before with ease like walking, exercising and standing even on an extended period of time.
3. Having great looking feet is also one remarkable advantage of bunion surgery. This yields to an increase in self confidence.
4. Individuals can also experience ultimate comfort and relief after the surgery. However, they have to choose the best surgeon to handle the procedure to ensure comfort, safety and satisfying results.
5. Bunion surgery offers efficient results over other treatments available. You are assured of high success rate because the procedures are handled by professional surgeons specializing in the field.
6. One of the most satisfying advantages of bunion surgery is getting patients’ life back on track. Gone are the days that they have to stay at home feeling conscious and ashamed on how their feet look. Bunion surgery served as effective solution to rectify physical deformities of feet.
Cons of Bunion Surgery
Bunion surgery is associated with setbacks and these include the following:
1. Pain in your feet especially when it is not completely healed after three months.
2. Other disadvantages of this surgery are recurrences after one or more years.
3. Surgery also causes difficulty in movement especially when walking.
4. Some go for bunion surgery because they believed that after successful procedure, they can wear any shoes that they desire. This is actually not the case; going under surgery actually limits the styles and types of shoes that you can wear.
5. Bunion surgery also leads to possible complications like inadequate correction or overcorrection of deformities.
6. Surgery can also cause infection and numbness of toes.
7. Not all bunion surgeries are total success.