Laser hair removal is being accepted as one of the most effective and safest ways of permanently removing of unwanted hair. But just like any other methods that involves hair removal, laser treatment has advantages and disadvantages that everyone should know about. It is essential that you understand laser hair removal from both the positive and negative perspectives in order to ensure that you’re choosing the best treatment. In order to help you in making an informed decision, here is a fast rundown of laser hair removal advantage and disadvantages.
The Pros of Laser Hair Removal
- It is fast – A usual laser treatment for hair will last from only few minute to no more than an hour. This often depends upon the amount or quantity of the hair as well as the size of area that is being treated.
- It basically offers long term results – Laser hair removal treatment can stop of slow the growth of hair for a number of months, provided the treatment or procedure was performed properly. Any subsequent hair growth will be thinner and finer.
- It is FDA Approved – Laser treatment is among the few depilation treatments to get the approval of FDA or Food and Drug Administration. This only means that it is guaranteed, proven effective and safe. If done by licensed professionals, there are no negative side effects.
- It is less painful – Electrolysis and waxing are known for being time consuming and painful. In a laser treatment, there are only small physical contacts between the machine and the skin, hence, pain is minimal.
These are some of the benefits of laser hair removal, but this method also has disadvantages.
The Cons of Laser Hair Removal
- It won’t actually work for everyone – Laser hair removal is actually not ideal for everyone. It works better on patients with course, dark hair, and fair skin.
- It is not a 100% permanent – There really is no treatment that can assure complete hair removal.
- This method is quite expensive – Laser hair treatment usually cost anywhere between 500 dollars to 3000 dollars per session, depending on areas to be treated. So, if you are a budget conscious person, then this method is definitely not for you.
- There is always a risk for side effects – The most noted and a common negative side effect of this method is the slight skin discoloration after the treatment. This is mostly visible and common in fair skinned people.
Laser hair removal is an excellent way of removing and eliminating those unwanted hair on the different parts of the body. It has many benefits but it also has disadvantages as well. So, if you are planning to use this hair removal method, you should know about the different factors to consider and one of these factors would be the benefits and the disadvantages. By knowing this certain facts, you will be able to make an informed decision whether laser hair removal is really the best option for you.