Vaginal dryness is already one of the common problems encountered by women wherein there is no enough lubrication on the specific area of the vagina. This serves as the sign of what you call vaginal atrophy or atrophic vaginitis in which the vaginal walls starts thinning and getting inflamed due to low level of estrogen, a hormone dominant in women. This can occur at different ages but most specifically with women undergoing the menopausal period.
Women who are suffering from vaginal dryness are usually experiencing pain while they are doing sexual intercourse. It is accompanied by the feeling of becoming itchy and stingy. There are several ways to solve vaginal dryness including supplements and lubricants recommended of course by doctor.
This can also be treated by making use alternative treatments including home remedies for vaginal dryness. These home remedies are found to be safe, effective and all are very cost- effective. The home remedies for vaginal dryness include the following:
1. Balanced diet- a good way of fighting against vaginal dryness is by eating a balanced diet every day equipped with all vegetables and fruits needed by the body. By eating nuts which contains high level of fatty acids and fish, known for omega-3, this will be helping in treating vaginal dryness. Foods rich in soy provide women estrogen reduces the risk of menopause symptoms.
2. Drink tons of water- by drinking tons of water, the body is well- hydrated thus a better way of keeping the private part moist. Eight to twelve glasses of water is the recommended number of glass needed by an individual per day.
3. Using of lubricants- the recommended lubricants for women suffering from vaginal dryness are lubricants which are water- based and should not be containing with glycerine. This is safer compared to chemically produced lubricants out in the market. Coconut oil and olive oil are also used as natural lubricants helping in reducing the symptoms of vaginal dryness.
4. Moisturizers- there are moisturizers available which are safe, keeping the normal level of vaginal moisture. This can help in reducing the effects of vaginal dryness up to three days as well as protecting the vagina from getting irritations. But then be careful in choosing the right moisturizer, prefer the more natural one instead those which are chemically- based.
5. Wearing of cotton underwear- to keep the vaginal part cool and moist, it is very essential to use cotton underwear. This provides the private part the space to breathe thus dryness is prevented. You will feel more comfortable and at ease.
The above mentioned home remedies for vaginal dryness will help you in fighting against vaginal dryness and you are providing yourself the help of preventing from acquiring it. But if it does not work for you then you may simply ask the advice of the doctor to give you more information regarding vaginal dryness.