Stepping on a cold floor is not the perfect way to begin your day. It is a fact that most people make use of giant and thick slippers just to get rid of this scenario. The existence of heated floors is the perfect choice that you need to consider in your home. Heated floors are not new to most people since it is being used by many individuals for about centuries.
The main goal of heated floors is to give your feet a warm feeling when you step on the tiles. Most of the heated floors are being placed in the bathroom and kitchen areas. The installation process of heated floors is quite simple; you just need to seek professional help from a licensed electrician and this professional will be the one who will install heated floors within the comfort of your home.
Most heated floors are considered as among the luxury items. However, it does not mean that these tools are expensive although they look stylish. The cost of heated floors will be very affordable for all homeowners. Read on to learn more about the benefits and the problems that you can experience while using heated floors.
The 9 Pros of Heated Floors
Here are the benefits of heated floors:
1. Heated floors have the ability to reach the temperature of 95 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. The heated floors have the ability to retain heat for a long period of time even though you turn off the power button.
3. The height of your new heated floors will not be affected since most of the heated floors have a thin design of cables and mat.
4. Heated floors will provide you with a luxurious and discreet method of heating your floor.
5. These will offer you with an excellent electric savings as compared to the traditional space heater or HVAC.
6. Heated floors will provide you with its economical material cost.
7. These floors can last for about 35 years if they are properly maintained.
8. Heated floors will provide you with two ways on how to install them. First is through the use of the hydronic system and the other one is involves the application of electric system.
9. Heated floors will offer you with excellent heat system as well as better and efficient heat retention.
The 5 Cons of Heated Floors
However, it can cause certain problems such as the following:
1. Heated floors will require you with new floor installation and construction of thermostat.
2. It is just intended in floor heating than heating the overall room.
3. Heated floors are a kind of insulators; it simply means that it is not advisable to houses with wood and vinyl floor surface.
4. Most heated floors are very expensive to refurbish.
5. Installing them will cost you a lot as compared to the furnace system. Most people can’t afford the price of hydronic system in their heated floors and some of them choose the traditional floor surface.
How Do You Feel about Heated Floors?
Heated floors can be used only to houses with a tile surface and you are advised to make use of an electric system. Before you attempt to install heated floors in your home, conduct your own research regarding the helpful ways on how to avail the cost effective manner in installing the heated floors. But, what can you say about this?