Having bigger and fuller breasts is considered by some women as a blessing. But for those who feel pain and discomfort due to large and heavy breasts, this seems to be a catastrophe. This is the time when women resort to breast reduction. Before opting for breast reduction surgery and lift surgery, individuals should review the breast reduction pros and cons. There might be several rewards when you subject yourself under the needle but you have to note that this surgical procedure also carries some risks.
Breast Reduction Pros
Breast reduction is a surgical procedure of minimizing breasts and lifting them. This is handled by a professional surgeon specializing on this field. The following are the benefits of breast reduction surgery:
1. Safe – Breast reduction is a safe and effective procedure. To ensure utmost protection, individuals need to choose the most qualified surgeon to facilitate the surgery.
2. Provides Great Results – Since this procedure is handled by professional surgeon, patients can expect for positive outcome.
3. Ultimate Comfort – women with large and heavy breasts complain about discomfort and pain. A successful breast reduction surgery, patient will surely be free from back, neck and shoulder pain. They will also find it more comfortable to wear even tight fitting clothes.
4. Yields to More Proportioned Breasts – Having larger breasts can be bothersome especially if you got petite body. With breast reduction, women can enjoy ideally size and well proportioned breasts.
5. Increased Self Confidence – Successful breast reductions eliminate all the feeling of self consciousness and embarrassments. These makes women feel better about themselves. As a result, they become more confident to go out and socialize.
Breast Reduction Cons
1. Health Issues – Breast reduction surgeries can cause health issues like infection and other painful complications. If this procedure is not done the right way, this can pose serious effects to the health and life of patients.
2. Interference to Usual Activities – After the surgery, patients are restricted to do activities that you normally do like taking a bath. The restriction is usually observed for about three weeks. Patients who have undergone breast reduction are also prohibited to do activities casing intense impact to the breast especially after the surgery.
3. Affects Breastfeeding – Breast reduction is not ideal option for breastfeeding moms. The nipple becomes numb making it difficult for mothers to breastfeed.
4. Scars – Scarring is one of the disadvantages of breast reduction and there is the tendency that these remains visible even for longest years.
5. Pain – Patients feel pain after breast reduction surgery. This is not actually felt when the procedure is taking place because of the use of anesthesia.
It is highly significant to consider breast reduction pros and cons before deciding to have this procedure done. Some women may have breasts that are larger than what other women have so they got different views and opinions about this surgical procedure. There are also different purposes behind this surgery and in most cases; women consider breast reduction for cosmetic reasons. Your doctor can give you the best recommendation that will help you decide if it is safe for you to undergo breast reduction or not.