Berberine is extracted from different herbs utilized in ancient Chinese medicine and considered as an alkaloid. This alkaloid is complemented for its anti diabetic and anti inflammatory effects. This has also the capability to improve your intestinal health at the same lower the level of bad cholesterol. This is also capable to lessen the production of glucose in your liver. Animal and human study shows that a 1500 mg of this treatment in 3 doses of 500 milligram each is equivalent efficient as consuming 1500 milligram of metformin and four milligram of glibenclamide, two chemically based medication for curing diabetes. Efficiency was assessed by how the medication lessened biomarkers of type 2 diabetes.
Berberine might also synergize with antidepressant treatment and assist in weight reduction. These advantages require further proof prior to recommending this medication particularly for these bases.
The main mechanism of this drug is partly accountable for its anti inflammatory and anti diabetic effects. This is very capable to activate enzyme also known as AMPK or Adenosine Monophosphate-Activated Protein Kinase at the same time restrain (PTP1B Protein-Tyrosine Phosphatase 1B. This is regarded as one of the supplements listed in one website with human proof which makes it be as efficient as pharmaceuticals.
At present berberine is being studied for use in curing a massive range of medical condition. Some of the illnesses for which this drug is being studied take account of mental health, leukaemia, diarrhea, HIV, heart failure, bacterial infections, non-alcoholic fatty liver disease, trachoma and many more.
Barberine Side Effects
There are possible harmful effects reported of taking this treatment. It must be noted that some of the research that taking this medication is safe for many people, on the other hand the side effects listed below are not yet proven and not been broadly reported. Berberine side effects normally related to gastrointestinal.
1. Breathing Problems: This is one of the common breathing issues when taking this medication. So once you suffer from difficulty in breathing you have to immediately call your doctor.
2. Chest Pain: This is also associated effects of taking berberine as it has components that can trigger pains in the chest.
3. Constipation and Gastrointestinal Discomfort: Once this occur it is advisable to eat foods rich in fiber and drink more water to avoid dehydration. When persists it is advisable to visit your doctor.
4. Rashes and Hives: When this happen, you can use ointment to ease rashes
5. Hypertension: This is a very serious side effect that you must be aware of. Once this happen it is advisable to visit your doctor right away.
Some other less frequent side effects of using this drug takes account of liver problems that happens when use this product for long term. This can also cause erectile deficiency, nausea, not safe for kids, newborn and lactating and pregnant women, vomiting and uterine contractions.
Berberine drug is a reliable and very effective supplement that has many benefits. Like many other drugs available it also has side effects. So you have to be aware about these effects to avoid any circumstances in the long run.