Widely grown Himalayas, Adzuki bans are also found in different parts of East Asia. Adzuki beans are native to China and are also called Vignaagnularis. Generally, these beans are small and are reddish brown in color. On one of their edges, they also have white ridges. Such beans are honored for having relatively low fat content and high protein content. There are lots health benefits that these Adzuki beans provide. Listed below are some of the health benefits of Adzuki beans.
Adzuki Beans Health Benefits
- High in Protein – Dry Adzuki beans are a perfect menu option for those individuals who engage in high protein diets. Protein is naturally essential in the body due to its aiding effect in repairing worn out muscles and building body hormones, tissues and cells.
- High in Fiber – Aside from being rich in proteins and calories, Adzuki beans are also an excellent source of fiber. The primary advantage of dietary fiber is to promote satiety and regulate the levels of cholesterol and sugar.
- No Fats – Despite the fact that these beans are rich in calories, they’re free from any fat content. A cup of these beans is calculated to contain a gram of fat only. Such beans also contain saturated fat not greater than four grams.
- Vitamins and Minerals – These beans contain ample amounts of various minerals. Some of the minerals include phosphorous, calcium and magnesium. It also contains vitamin B-9, vitamin A and Folate.
- Stabilize Cholesterol Level – Since Adzuki beans have a high concentration of soluble fiber, they are perfect for maintaining the cholesterol level. They also help in eliminating toxins and cholesterol from the body.
- Improve Bowel Movement – These beans are a big help to improve bowel movement due to its high fiber content. It keeps your digestive system smooth, preventing you from having constipation. These beans also help in colon cancer prevention.
- Treat Urinary Dysfunction and Bladder Infections – Soluble fiber high amount in Adzuki beans is a great help in treating urinary dysfunction and bladder infections in both men and women. The fiber has soothing effects and is perfect for healing urinary tract and infected bladder.
- Lose Weight – This helps your stomach feel full significantly for many hours. Thus, it helps you stay satiated for a long period of time. Moreover, it helps in keeping sugar levels low since it is rich in protein. And as a result, it helps you lose weight naturally and easily.
- Prevent Breast Cancer – There are some components of Adzuki beans that help kill cancerous tissues. Consuming one cup on a regular basis lowers the danger of acquiring breast cancer especially among women. It also lowers the risks of acquiring multiple types of cancers.
Aside from the above listed health benefits, there are still some advantages of Adzuki beans. It builds up a strong metabolism which lets the body metabolize quickly and efficiently the food eaten. Moreover, it is also an aid for detoxifying your liver. Adzuki beans are also an excellent source of copper, iron, zinc, manganese, potassium and contribute to the overall health of your body.